SEO is an acronym for Search Engine Optimization.
And what is search engine optimization anyway? It is a way to tweak your website and the content of your website to ensure that your site ranks in search engines (preferably on the first page)
And why is it important to rank in search engines? Because if you don’t rank on the first page of search engines, you will not be able to drive good traffic to your website. And if you are not able to drive traffic to your website, you will not be able to sell product, services advertisements or meet other objectives which you want for your business.
In short, if you have an online business and you want to earn money from your website, you will have to master SEO. You will have to learn the various SEO techniques, SEO terminology and understand how to properly do the SEO of a website or blog or any other content source.
Wait, I Don’t Understand SEO. But My Website Still gets traffic, how is that possible?
See, SEO is a concept.
You have to apply the concept to attain certain objectives. It is possible to attain the objectives without knowing the concept but if you know the concept behind something, then you can optimize that objective to a greater detail.
It is possible to get traffic to your sites without the knowledge of SEO. However, if you know SEO, you will be able to optimize your work, bring efficiency and attain greater results by optimizing various aspects of your website.
Why learn Search Engine Optimization?
You should learn Search engine optimization for the following reasons
- Knowledge of search engine optimization will help you make required changes in your website so that it shows up on the first page of search engines for desired keywords.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization will help you understand what type of content works and what type of content does not work for your business.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization will help you understand what type of content is needed to bring a specific kind of traffic. For example, if you want to drive traffic to a page that sells Digital marketing services, you will first need to understand what type of content is needed to bring those people who are looking for digital marketing services.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization will help you understand what your competitors are doing and what could be their content marketing strategy.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization will help you understand the geography, interests and other things about your audience. This will help you sell better, doesn’t matter what you sell.
These are some of the reasons why you should learn search engine optimization.
Search engine is a source where businesses get leads, no matter what product they sell. Hence, you have to understand how search engines work. You also have to understand what needs to be done to ensure your site shows up on the first page in search engines for specific keywords and phrases. You also need to understand and learn what changes one needs to make in their website so that it receives the love from search engines and sustained traffic is achieved.
If you do not have a website and have no interest in doing business online, then you may ignore search engine optimization. However, if it is the other way around, you better get up and learn search engine optimization today.