In my last post, I have explained what SEO is and how it works. If you are not familiar with all the key concepts of SEO, I highly recommend you to read the SEO terminology and familiarize yourself with key SEO concepts.
Now let’s get down to the very basic question
Why is SEO important for a business? What if I don’t do SEO? What am I going to miss if I don’t care about SEO and do business in the traditional way without worrying about the digital presence of my business?
Why is SEO Important for Your Business
Simply put, SEO is important because the world has gone digital.
Everything that you do is going digital. Everyone is going online to do things. People no longer ask their friends or family members before deciding to buy something to fulfill a need. Instead, they prefer to read content on the internet, do their research and then make a decision to purchase something.
This includes everything – from big purchases down to the small ones – all of the goods and services are available online and consumers have a plethora of options to choose from when they are buying online, compared to buying from a physical store where the choices are limited.
Also buying online means they can buy from the convenience of their couch and do not have to visit a store and end up wasting time, effort and energy to buy something.
Which brings us to the next important part –
If you have a business, you simply cannot afford to neglect it’s digital presence anymore. Your customers are more likely to find you from a website, compared to a physical store (unless of course you sell items in a grocery store which is limited to 50-100 customers who live nearby).
Here is why SEO is important and crucial for your business
- You will know what your customers are looking forWithout SEO, you will not know what your customers are looking for. If you don’t know what your customers are looking for, you will not be able to sell them what they want.Information is power.
If you have access to all the information, you can use that information to grow your business in the right direction.
- SEO Let’s your Business Get Found OnlineWithout SEO, you cannot ensure that your business shows on top of search results whenever prospective buyers are searching for things that you are selling. If your business never shows up on top of the search result listings, people will never know that your business exists. If they don’t know that your business exists, they cannot buy from you and as a result, your business will never grow if your consumers do not know you exist.
- SEO helps you to grow your business at no additional costWithout SEO, you cannot grow your customer base from 10 to 1 Million. You will be limited in your reach of customers when selling physically but SEO lets you sell your products and services to virtually anyone in this world – the geographical location of the customer does not matter.
- SEO helps you monitor what your competitors are doing
SEO lets you keep an eye on what your competitors are doing and what strategy they are following to grow their business online. You can simply study the website of your competitors and observe their strategy to learn what direction they are heading. It’s like a competitive surveillance which lets you learn more and more about what your competitors are doing.
- SEO Helps you to diversify your businessWithout SEO you will not gain additional insights into your business and cannot diversify your business to make it more stable, diverse and have a wide range of products or services. Since SEO literally and figuratively means discovery and reach, it helps you to diversify your business in different directions and come up with different products and services to cater to unique market needs. It helps you to expand your funnel further.
So now you have a good understanding of why SEO is so much important for your business.
Be Sure to read our SEO Guide which contains useful information about SEO and we have discussed in detail key SEO Concepts with examples.