Welcome to the Search engine optimization guide.
The goal of this guide is to give you a complete overview of what SEO is, why it is necessary, how should one do SEO for a blog or website, measurement and other things. If you are a complete beginner and have little idea about what SEO is, this section is for you.
There is a lot of information on the web around Search engine optimisation and it is really difficult for a beginner to understand various concepts of search engine optimization when he is just starting out. The concepts and implementations change very, very quickly and for someone who is just starting to understand and learn SEO, it becomes really counter-intuitive to even decide where to start learning SEO.
To address that need, we created this comprehensive SEO guide which not only explains each concept down to its granular detail, but we have also covered advanced SEO concepts and how you can implement these ideas in your own website to grow your business.
To make the best use of this guide, we highly recommend absorbing the content step by step. You should read and understand each article step by step and not jump steps in the middle because the concepts are related to each other. Unless you have crystal clear idea about the basics, it will be hard for you to understand the advanced topics and even harder for you to implement the same on your websites or blogs.
That said, it is best to keep implementing the changes on your website as and when you read the articles below. This will not only accelerate your search engine optimization execution, but it will also provide a brief exercise for your own understanding which you learn by doing, and not just reading.
At the end of this guide, we have also given links to excellent SEO resources which we highly recommend reading for a better understanding of what is SEO and how it works.
- What is SEO and How it Works?
- Why is SEO Important for your business?
- SEO Glossary – Basic things you must know before learning or understanding SEO
- Prerequisites – Things to Know and Do before getting started with SEO of your website
- Black Hat SEO Vs White Hat SEO – Know the Differences
- Choosing the Domain Name for Your Website – How it Affects SEO
- Learn how to do Keyword research for Search Engine Optimization.
- Create Unique and Accurate Page Titles
- Using the Meta Description Tag
- Create SEO Friendly URL Structure for your Website
- Using Navigation and Breadcrumbs for SEO – Best Practices
- Duplicate Content and SEO – Learn how to Deal with Duplicate Content
- Plagiarism 101 – Learn how to deal with Plagiarized Content
- Comment Spam and SEO – How to Prevent Comment Spam on your website For better SEO
- Use Canonical URL’s to Prevent Duplicate Content Issues
- Using Robots Meta Tags For SEO.
- Using Google’s Disavow Links Tool For SEO
- Finding Quality Writers for Your Website or Blog and How it affects SEO.
- Sitemaps – XML Sitemap and HTML Sitemap
- Learn what is high-quality content and what is low quality, thin content
- Create Quality Content which is Useful, Unique and Solves a Problem
- Create SEO Friendly Anchor Texts
- Optimize Images – Use Alternate Text to Optimize Images for SEO
- Learn how to Properly use Internal Heading Tags for SEO.
- Link Building 101 – Build Quality Backlinks to your Website.
- SEO Tools – The Best SEO Tools and Software You Should Use.
- Using Robots.txt For Search Engine Optimization Of Your Website
- Using Rel=Nofollow For Links For SEO and Frequently asked questions with respect to Nofollow links.
- Create a Fast Website for Better Search Rankings.
- User Experience and SEO – Create a Positive User Experience on your Website
- Mobile SEO – Optimize your Website for Mobile Search queries
- Multilingual SEO – Everything you need to Know to optimize your website for Multiple Languages
- Google Webmaster Console – Use it To Monitor Key SEO Metrics
- Use Google Analytics to Measure Website Performance
- WordPress SEO – How to Make your WordPress Website SEO Friendly?
- SEO Resources
- Local SEO – Optimize your site for Local Searches
- What Will Cause Your Website to Lose Google Search Rankings?
- What Will Cause Your Website to Gain Google Search Rankings?
- How to Handle an algorithmic Penalty by Google?
- How to Hire an SEO agency for your Website or Business?
- Website SEO Checklist – Review Your Website’s SEO for best results